The support team would like to announce a server performance improvement for KwikTag 5.4.1. This update can be applied to the SQL database safely anytime during production hours. The below guide walks you through how to remove the lines that disables and enables triggers in tblDocSearch on each record when updating the ScanTracking field.
First, to confirm your version of KwikTag, navigate to your KTAdmin website home page and note the Build version in the Client panel:
**If you have a version other than 5.4.1, you do not need to make these changes.
Below are the steps to complete the update:
- Open SQL Management Studio
- Navigate to the "Stored Procedures" list --
- Scroll near the bottom of the list to find it "usp_UpdateScanTrackingSystemField"
- Right click > Modify the procedure
- Comment out the ALTER TABLE lines (lines 23 and 28) so your procedure results appear as shown below:
- Execute the stored procedure to save changes
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule a remote session and have us assist with these changes.